Traditionally Used For
- Digestive System
- Immune System
A Good Source Of
Ginger is a bumpy root. The ends are normally dry, but that's okay. If you cut off the ends, you get to the juicy part. Only buy as much Ginger as you need. If the Ginger Root in the store is too big, simply break off the amount that you need.
I only use about 1 cm of Ginger Root at a time. Its taste is powerful.
Ginger Root does have a strong taste, but it's one of my favorites! I really enjoy Ginger Root juice, especially when combined with the standard blend apple juice and carrot juice.
Chinese Herbal Information
5 Elements: metal
5 Flavors: spicy
Nothing to report.
Cautions & Suggestions:
Traditionally, fresh tender ginger is used in cooking while fresh older ginger is used for its therapeutic benefits in China. Fresh ginger is sometimes referred to as "baby ginger" and is often available in Chinese stores in June and July as it is a seasonal product.
Old ginger, also known as "mother ginger", is also available in Chinese stores but is difficult to chew.
- Induces Perspiration
- Swelling and Stiffness in Joints
Picture of Ginger
Ginger — Nutritional Analysis
- Value / 100 g
- Total lipid (fat)
- Carbohydrate, by difference
- Fiber, total dietary
- Calcium, Ca
- Iron, Fe
- Magnesium, Mg
- Phosphorus, P
- Potassium, K
- Sodium, Na
- Zinc, Zn
- Copper, Cu
- Manganese, Mn
- Selenium, Se
- Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid
- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamin B-6
- Folate, total
- Folic acid
- Folate, food
- Folate, DFE
- Vitamin B-12
- Vitamin A, IU
- Vitamin A, RAE
- Vitamin E
- Amino Acids
- Aspartic acid
- Glutamic acid
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- Warts and Juicing
- Can I add Salba seeds to my juice?