Traditionally Used For
- Expelling Mucous
- Stimulates Good Bacteria
A Good Source Of
- Low Nutritional Value
The leaves of Onions should be dry and papery. Avoid Onions with black spots or bruises.
Onion is powerful. Use very little. Always mix with other vegetables.
Onions are not particularly high in any specific nutrients as they contain a lot of water. If you juice onions, then juice them in small amounts and juice them first. Juice other vegetables after the onions to help remove the smell from your juicer.
Chinese Herbal Information
5 Elements: metal
5 Flavors: spicy
Onions are actually said to contain both yin and yang energy.
Cautions & Suggestions:
Onions have a natural antibiotic action and can be placed over wounds and even mouth ulcers. Traditionally, onions are used by the Chinese to help relieve chest congestion amongst other things.
- Common Cold
- Expel Phlegm
- Urination Difficulty
Picture of Onions
Photo by Free Public Domain Photo Database.
Onions — Nutritional Analysis
- Value / 100 g
- Total lipid (fat)
- Carbohydrate, by difference
- Fiber, total dietary
- Calcium, Ca
- Iron, Fe
- Magnesium, Mg
- Phosphorus, P
- Potassium, K
- Sodium, Na
- Zinc, Zn
- Copper, Cu
- Manganese, Mn
- Selenium, Se
- Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid
- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamin B-6
- Folate, total
- Folic acid
- Folate, food
- Folate, DFE
- Vitamin B-12
- Vitamin A, IU
- Vitamin A, RAE
- Vitamin E
- Tocopherol, alpha
- Amino Acids
- Aspartic acid
- Glutamic acid
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- Do you have any tips for Cystic Fibrosis, asthma and respiratory illnesses?
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?