Scallion Juice (Spring Onion / Green Onion)
Traditionally Used For
- Kidney Stones
- Expelling Sputum
A Good Source Of
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
If the leaves are wilted, then that's a sign the scallions are no longer fresh.
Chives has a powerful taste and so I would suggest juicing only a very small amount. Remember, chives are actually part of the garlic family.
A scallion is actually an immature onion! Since a scallion is an immature onion, those who cannot tolerate onion juice may find that scallions, due to their more mild taste, might be suitable. Nonetheless, don't use too much and do mix with other vegetables. You can juice both the green and white parts of the scallions.
Chinese Herbal Information
5 Elements: metal
5 Flavors: spicy
Nothing to report.
Cautions & Suggestions:
Nothing to report.
- Blood Coagulation
- Induce Perspiration
Picture of Scallions (Spring Onions)
Scallions (Spring Onions) — Nutritional Analysis
- Value / 100 g
- Total lipid (fat)
- Carbohydrate, by difference
- Fiber, total dietary
- Calcium, Ca
- Iron, Fe
- Magnesium, Mg
- Phosphorus, P
- Potassium, K
- Sodium, Na
- Zinc, Zn
- Copper, Cu
- Manganese, Mn
- Selenium, Se
- Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid
- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamin B-6
- Folate, total
- Folic acid
- Folate, food
- Folate, DFE
- Vitamin B-12
- Vitamin A, IU
- Vitamin A, RAE
- Vitamin E
- Tocopherol, alpha
- Amino Acids
- Aspartic acid
- Glutamic acid
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- Can I add Salba seeds to my juice?
- Which Juices Would Be Good For Depression?
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- Do you have any tips for Cystic Fibrosis, asthma and respiratory illnesses?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?