Which Juices Would Be Good For Depression?
Which juices would be good for depression?
One thing I would suggest for anyone suffering from depression is that they consider consulting a Chinese herbalist.
Juicing can help with depression by providing the body with more
yang energy. But the trick is, you need to get the body back to an even balance of both
yang energy which won't happen overnight.
Since reversing the depression won't happen overnight, you need to know how much yang energy to give immediately and how much to reduce the yang energy as you get closer to the balance of yin and yang.
The beauty of a Chinese herbalist is that they know just how far out of balance your body is, how much it has improved and how much further it must go.
Here is a simple example of how too much yin can lead to depression while the right amount of yang can help you feel alive:
Yin energy has a cooling effect on the body and if you can imagine yourself stuck somewhere freezing cold without much heat, you begin to slow down and you then begin to get depressed.
Conversely, if you can imagine being in a place where it is warm and sunny. Every day you see the sun, get a little bit of sun, etc, then you begin to feel alive and full of energy.
When the sun is shining, the birds are singing but in the dead of the winter, the birds have disappeared.
So if you can imagine, the sun represents
yang energy, then we can begin to see that what we want is to consider using those foods that bring yang energy to the body — which helps to build the body with life and energy — the opposite of depression caused by excess yin energy.
When juicing, it is therefore better to consider those vegetables that have yang energy to counterbalance the yin energy in the body.
Many vegetables have a cooling effect on the body and so possibly, if you juice the wrong vegetables and/or fruits, then you can potentially make the depression worse because you will be providing the body with more yin energy.
When you consult a Chinese herbalist, you will get a customized blend of herbs that are specifically designed and blended for your situation. The Chinese herbalist would give you some herbs that you take home and boil. You would then drink the decoction and I have to be honest, it probably wouldn't taste delicious but the herbalist usually gives you some candy for after drinking the decoction. You can also add some honey to the decoction if needed — but I would suspect the herbs will actually have a slight sweetness to them rather than being bitter.
Consulting a Chinese herbalist would give you the best results in the fastest way. The reason why is because the Chinese herbalist would give you a balanced amount of herbs to help the body get back to a balance of yin and yang energy.
If one wants to try to balance their body themselves, which I don't suggest, then you will want to give some vegetables that have yang energy. One simple vegetable that provides yang energy is ginger. Another one would be green or red peppers.
Ultimately, you also need to look at one's overall lifestyle and look at what one eats, etc. There is something in one's lifestyle that is causing him too much yin energy which would lead to depression.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Warts and Juicing
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- Do you have some tips for IBS, constipation and gallstones?
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- How much juice should I drink?
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- I Got Ill, For A Short Time, While Juicing
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- Juicing Combination Review
- Can I juice beets everyday?
- What Do You Recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
- Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- Can juicing cause constipation and hemorrhoids?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- How often should I juice to get enough nutrition?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- Does pickling remove the benefits?