Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
If I make juice in the early morning, is it ok to store it until lunch (7 hours)? Should I put a squirt of lemon juice in it?
Is it okay to store juice? No, not really. The whole point of making fresh juice is to drink it fresh. If you can't drink it fresh, then you might as well drink store bought juice.
The reason why is after about 20 minutes, all of the naturally occurring enzymes begin to disappear. At the same time, bacteria can begin to grow and you are at risk for botulism. While I can't say how long it takes for botulism to start, there is no doubt that non–fresh juice begins to go that way.
Of course, adding some lemon juice to the juice will help prevent it from spoiling due to the natural vitamin C content in the lemon juice (vitamin C being an anti–oxidant that can help prevent the fresh juice from spoiling). But then again, if we have to prevent something from spoiling, then it's really no longer fresh. What we want is the benefits of fresh juice.
The point of drink fresh juice is to get the wholesome goodness of the freshness — if it's not fresh, then there is just no point in making
Well, that sure was a lot of talk about freshness! Hopefully it didn't confuse you but I am sure you get the point now about the importance of freshness (:
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- Do you have some tips for IBS, constipation and gallstones?
- Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- Can I juice carrot greens?
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
- What's the difference between eating fruits and juicing fruits?
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
- Can I juice beets everyday?
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- I Got Ill, For A Short Time, While Juicing
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- What Vegetables or Fruits Can Help With Soft Stools or Diarrhea?
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- How much juice should I drink?
- What Do You Recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?