Blanching vegetables before freezing
Do you recommend blanching veggies before freezing?
I bought a large quantity of green beans and want to freeze some so they don't go bad. The farmer suggested blanching prior to freezing but everything I've read says that has more to do with making them taste better... is it worth the hassle for juicing?
I've never really heard of this before. But who knows, perhaps the farmer knows something we don't!
In the end, I don't think it will make much difference. Blanching is useful in killing some bad bacteria and even bugs. Thus vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower are two good examples of vegetables that benefit from blanching because the hot water kills things inside the florets. But for green beans, I just can't see much of a benefit.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- What Vegetables or Fruits Can Help With Soft Stools or Diarrhea?
- How often should I juice to get enough nutrition?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- Do you have any tips for Cystic Fibrosis, asthma and respiratory illnesses?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- Do you have a recipe that includes pears and beets?
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- Do you have some tips for IBS, constipation and gallstones?
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- Warts and Juicing
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?