Blanching vegetables before freezing
Do you recommend blanching veggies before freezing?
I bought a large quantity of green beans and want to freeze some so they don't go bad. The farmer suggested blanching prior to freezing but everything I've read says that has more to do with making them taste better... is it worth the hassle for juicing?
I've never really heard of this before. But who knows, perhaps the farmer knows something we don't!
In the end, I don't think it will make much difference. Blanching is useful in killing some bad bacteria and even bugs. Thus vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower are two good examples of vegetables that benefit from blanching because the hot water kills things inside the florets. But for green beans, I just can't see much of a benefit.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Juicing and Detoxification
- How much juice should I drink?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- Juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding (nursing).
- Warts and Juicing
- Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
- Juicing Combination Review
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- How often should I juice to get enough nutrition?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- Which Juices Would Be Good For Depression?
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- What Vegetables or Fruits Can Help With Soft Stools or Diarrhea?