Blanching vegetables before freezing
Do you recommend blanching veggies before freezing?
I bought a large quantity of green beans and want to freeze some so they don't go bad. The farmer suggested blanching prior to freezing but everything I've read says that has more to do with making them taste better... is it worth the hassle for juicing?
I've never really heard of this before. But who knows, perhaps the farmer knows something we don't!
In the end, I don't think it will make much difference. Blanching is useful in killing some bad bacteria and even bugs. Thus vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower are two good examples of vegetables that benefit from blanching because the hot water kills things inside the florets. But for green beans, I just can't see much of a benefit.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- Juicing Combination Review
- Juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding (nursing).
- Can I juice carrot greens?
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- Warts and Juicing
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- What Do You Recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- Can I add Salba seeds to my juice?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- Can I juice beets everyday?
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?
- How often should I juice to get enough nutrition?
- Juicing and Detoxification
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!