Blanching vegetables before freezing
Do you recommend blanching veggies before freezing?
I bought a large quantity of green beans and want to freeze some so they don't go bad. The farmer suggested blanching prior to freezing but everything I've read says that has more to do with making them taste better... is it worth the hassle for juicing?
I've never really heard of this before. But who knows, perhaps the farmer knows something we don't!
In the end, I don't think it will make much difference. Blanching is useful in killing some bad bacteria and even bugs. Thus vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower are two good examples of vegetables that benefit from blanching because the hot water kills things inside the florets. But for green beans, I just can't see much of a benefit.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
- Can I juice carrot greens?
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- What Vegetables or Fruits Can Help With Soft Stools or Diarrhea?
- What's the difference between eating fruits and juicing fruits?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- Do you have any tips for Cystic Fibrosis, asthma and respiratory illnesses?
- Can I add Salba seeds to my juice?
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- What can I juice or do to help with my excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
- Can I juice beets everyday?
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- Warts and Juicing
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- Which Juices Would Be Good For Depression?