Blanching vegetables before freezing
Do you recommend blanching veggies before freezing?
I bought a large quantity of green beans and want to freeze some so they don't go bad. The farmer suggested blanching prior to freezing but everything I've read says that has more to do with making them taste better... is it worth the hassle for juicing?
I've never really heard of this before. But who knows, perhaps the farmer knows something we don't!
In the end, I don't think it will make much difference. Blanching is useful in killing some bad bacteria and even bugs. Thus vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower are two good examples of vegetables that benefit from blanching because the hot water kills things inside the florets. But for green beans, I just can't see much of a benefit.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Do you have some tips for IBS, constipation and gallstones?
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- Juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding (nursing).
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- How much juice should I drink?
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
- Can I add Salba seeds to my juice?
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- Can juicing cause constipation and hemorrhoids?
- I Got Ill, For A Short Time, While Juicing
- Juicing and Detoxification
- Juicing Combination Review
- What can I juice or do to help with my excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- Can I juice carrot greens?