Blanching vegetables before freezing
Do you recommend blanching veggies before freezing?
I bought a large quantity of green beans and want to freeze some so they don't go bad. The farmer suggested blanching prior to freezing but everything I've read says that has more to do with making them taste better... is it worth the hassle for juicing?
I've never really heard of this before. But who knows, perhaps the farmer knows something we don't!
In the end, I don't think it will make much difference. Blanching is useful in killing some bad bacteria and even bugs. Thus vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower are two good examples of vegetables that benefit from blanching because the hot water kills things inside the florets. But for green beans, I just can't see much of a benefit.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- What Vegetables or Fruits Can Help With Soft Stools or Diarrhea?
- Warts and Juicing
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- What's the difference between eating fruits and juicing fruits?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- Juicing Gave Me An Upset Stomach
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- Which Juices Would Be Good For Depression?
- Do you have any tips for Cystic Fibrosis, asthma and respiratory illnesses?
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- What Do You Recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- Juicing and Detoxification
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?