Can I juice beets everyday?
I was just wondering, can I juice beets everyday?
As they say, variety is the spice of life!
When it comes to diet and in this case, juicing, it's not a good idea to have beet juice or to eat beets every day. In fact, it's not good to eat or juice the same foods every day.
Why? Well, there are a few reasons.
First, the body can begin to have allergic reactions to foods when they are eaten 4 or more days in a row. You won't hear about this many books but Dr. Seliski, (retired ND) informed me of this circa 1995. So essentially, by eating beets or drinking beet juice every day, you can ultimately be creating an allergy to beets which would go against everything that you are trying to achieve.
Second, when you have the same food or juice every day, you begin to create an imbalance. Imagine if you had a boat and put everyone or everything on just one side of the boat. Eventually, there would be an imbalance and the boat would begin to lean to one side. In a similar way, if you eat beets or drink beet juice every day, you begin to create an imbalance as a result of having too much beets in your diet.
Third, we must all learn to force ourselves to eat or juice foods that are not necessarily what appeals to us. We want and need variety. We want to avoid monotony. We must sometimes force ourselves to eat or juice food which our taste buds don't necessarily like.
Saying all of this, there are times in which one can have and in which one might need the same juice every day or the same food every day. It has been said that body knows when the food or juice is medicine. Hence,when the food or juice is acting like a medicine for the body, then all of the above does not necessarily apply. The body, in a situation like this, actually needs the same juice or food every day and so no imbalance is created, no allergic reaction is created and so on. But this only applies in situations in which it is necessary to have the same food or juice every day. As an example, a person suffering from cancer might find it beneficial to juice carrots everyday because that's what the body needs.
Ultimately, stick to variety and you will do more for your body in terms of overall health and well being.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Which Juices Would Be Good For Depression?
- Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- Warts and Juicing
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- Juicing Combination Review
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- How often should I juice to get enough nutrition?
- Can I juice beets everyday?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- Juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding (nursing).
- Juicing Gave Me An Upset Stomach
- Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
- Can juicing cause constipation and hemorrhoids?
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- What Vegetables or Fruits Can Help With Soft Stools or Diarrhea?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- Do you have some tips for IBS, constipation and gallstones?
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?