Juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding (nursing).
I am expecting my first child in less than 1 month. I would like to try adding some fresh juices into my diet while pregnant and more so while breastfeeding to enrich my diet with nutrients. Do you have any suggestions?
To be honest, I am not one to promote juicing while breastfeeding (nursing) or while pregnant.
This can actually lead to a nutritional deficiency in your child.
Studies have found, as an example, women who take vitamin C whilepregnant or nursing can actually create a vitamin C deficient child oncethe nursing stops. Why? Well, the child was used to getting a certain amountof vitamin C while still a fetus and while nursing. But once this allstops, the vitamin C intake drops and now, the body is not getting thevitamin C is what used to getting. This leads to a vitamin C deficiency in your child and then leads to the health problems associated with a vitamin C deficiency. This principle applies to all nutrients, not just vitamin C which was used as an example.
It's for this reason, that if you want to juice while nursing or pregnant, then Iwould definitely suggest you consult a naturopath to get individualized and customized support. But I suspect you will find that most naturopaths will suggest that you do not juice while breastfeeding or pregnant.
I realize that some infomercials selling juice machines have promoted juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding. This is unfortunate even though their intentions may be truly genuine. But this is also why I am a strong advocate of responsible juicing.
Personally, the best thing to do in my opinion, is to eat a wholesome and healthy diet along with a good prenatal / postnatal supplement. Then once the nursing stops, then start your juicing program.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
- Can I juice beets everyday?
- Can I juice carrot greens?
- Do you have some tips for IBS, constipation and gallstones?
- How much juice should I drink?
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
- How often should I juice to get enough nutrition?
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- Do you have a recipe that includes pears and beets?
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- What's the difference between eating fruits and juicing fruits?
- Juicing Gave Me An Upset Stomach
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?