Juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding (nursing).
I am expecting my first child in less than 1 month. I would like to try adding some fresh juices into my diet while pregnant and more so while breastfeeding to enrich my diet with nutrients. Do you have any suggestions?
To be honest, I am not one to promote juicing while breastfeeding (nursing) or while pregnant.
This can actually lead to a nutritional deficiency in your child.
Studies have found, as an example, women who take vitamin C whilepregnant or nursing can actually create a vitamin C deficient child oncethe nursing stops. Why? Well, the child was used to getting a certain amountof vitamin C while still a fetus and while nursing. But once this allstops, the vitamin C intake drops and now, the body is not getting thevitamin C is what used to getting. This leads to a vitamin C deficiency in your child and then leads to the health problems associated with a vitamin C deficiency. This principle applies to all nutrients, not just vitamin C which was used as an example.
It's for this reason, that if you want to juice while nursing or pregnant, then Iwould definitely suggest you consult a naturopath to get individualized and customized support. But I suspect you will find that most naturopaths will suggest that you do not juice while breastfeeding or pregnant.
I realize that some infomercials selling juice machines have promoted juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding. This is unfortunate even though their intentions may be truly genuine. But this is also why I am a strong advocate of responsible juicing.
Personally, the best thing to do in my opinion, is to eat a wholesome and healthy diet along with a good prenatal / postnatal supplement. Then once the nursing stops, then start your juicing program.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Do you have some tips for IBS, constipation and gallstones?
- Warts and Juicing
- How often should I juice to get enough nutrition?
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- What Vegetables or Fruits Can Help With Soft Stools or Diarrhea?
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- How much juice should I drink?
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
- Juicing Gave Me An Upset Stomach
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- Can I juice beets everyday?