Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
I have just read your interesting article on preparing beet juice. You advise mixing beets with other vegetables or apple juice. You also caution against consuming more than 1 to 2 oz. at a time.
My interest in beet juice was stimulated by a recent study done at University of Exeter in England. This study reports significant improvement in endurance during exercise and reduced blood pressure. However the amount used in this study was 500cc daily 916.91 oz. I would appreciate your thoughts and advise regarding this discrepancy.
In my opinion this study about beet juice along with many other studies looks with a singular view point.
In health, we must always consider the whole body as the view point.
All things in nature and the body must work in balance. As they say,
the difference between poison and medicine is in the dose.
So while this study might highlight something interesting about beet juice, the reality is that beets are powerful and when not used in harmony, they can and do create side effects within the body.
More important than any study is something called common sense. We must always apply common sense to everything that we do. One simple realization is that beets, along with many other root crops, are high in sugar. Taking excess amounts of beets can and will potentially lead to diabetes.
A sugar is a sugar is a sugar... no matter what its form is.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Do you have any tips for Cystic Fibrosis, asthma and respiratory illnesses?
- Juicing Gave Me An Upset Stomach
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- Warts and Juicing
- Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- Can I juice carrot greens?
- How much juice should I drink?
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- I Got Ill, For A Short Time, While Juicing
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- What's the difference between eating fruits and juicing fruits?
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- Juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding (nursing).
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- Can juicing cause constipation and hemorrhoids?
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- What is your take on juice fasting?