Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
I have just read your interesting article on preparing beet juice. You advise mixing beets with other vegetables or apple juice. You also caution against consuming more than 1 to 2 oz. at a time.
My interest in beet juice was stimulated by a recent study done at University of Exeter in England. This study reports significant improvement in endurance during exercise and reduced blood pressure. However the amount used in this study was 500cc daily 916.91 oz. I would appreciate your thoughts and advise regarding this discrepancy.
In my opinion this study about beet juice along with many other studies looks with a singular view point.
In health, we must always consider the whole body as the view point.
All things in nature and the body must work in balance. As they say,
the difference between poison and medicine is in the dose.
So while this study might highlight something interesting about beet juice, the reality is that beets are powerful and when not used in harmony, they can and do create side effects within the body.
More important than any study is something called common sense. We must always apply common sense to everything that we do. One simple realization is that beets, along with many other root crops, are high in sugar. Taking excess amounts of beets can and will potentially lead to diabetes.
A sugar is a sugar is a sugar... no matter what its form is.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding (nursing).
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?
- Juicing Combination Review
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- How much juice should I drink?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- Do you have a recipe that includes pears and beets?
- Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- Warts and Juicing
- Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
- Which Juices Would Be Good For Depression?
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?