Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
I have just read your interesting article on preparing beet juice. You advise mixing beets with other vegetables or apple juice. You also caution against consuming more than 1 to 2 oz. at a time.
My interest in beet juice was stimulated by a recent study done at University of Exeter in England. This study reports significant improvement in endurance during exercise and reduced blood pressure. However the amount used in this study was 500cc daily 916.91 oz. I would appreciate your thoughts and advise regarding this discrepancy.
In my opinion this study about beet juice along with many other studies looks with a singular view point.
In health, we must always consider the whole body as the view point.
All things in nature and the body must work in balance. As they say,
the difference between poison and medicine is in the dose.
So while this study might highlight something interesting about beet juice, the reality is that beets are powerful and when not used in harmony, they can and do create side effects within the body.
More important than any study is something called common sense. We must always apply common sense to everything that we do. One simple realization is that beets, along with many other root crops, are high in sugar. Taking excess amounts of beets can and will potentially lead to diabetes.
A sugar is a sugar is a sugar... no matter what its form is.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- What can I juice or do to help with my excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- Warts and Juicing
- Do you have any tips for Cystic Fibrosis, asthma and respiratory illnesses?
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- Can I juice carrot greens?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- Do you have some tips for IBS, constipation and gallstones?
- What Do You Recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?