Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
I have just read your interesting article on preparing beet juice. You advise mixing beets with other vegetables or apple juice. You also caution against consuming more than 1 to 2 oz. at a time.
My interest in beet juice was stimulated by a recent study done at University of Exeter in England. This study reports significant improvement in endurance during exercise and reduced blood pressure. However the amount used in this study was 500cc daily 916.91 oz. I would appreciate your thoughts and advise regarding this discrepancy.
In my opinion this study about beet juice along with many other studies looks with a singular view point.
In health, we must always consider the whole body as the view point.
All things in nature and the body must work in balance. As they say,
the difference between poison and medicine is in the dose.
So while this study might highlight something interesting about beet juice, the reality is that beets are powerful and when not used in harmony, they can and do create side effects within the body.
More important than any study is something called common sense. We must always apply common sense to everything that we do. One simple realization is that beets, along with many other root crops, are high in sugar. Taking excess amounts of beets can and will potentially lead to diabetes.
A sugar is a sugar is a sugar... no matter what its form is.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- Can I juice beets everyday?
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- Can juicing cause constipation and hemorrhoids?
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Do you have any tips for Cystic Fibrosis, asthma and respiratory illnesses?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- Do you have some tips for IBS, constipation and gallstones?
- What Vegetables or Fruits Can Help With Soft Stools or Diarrhea?
- Juicing and Detoxification
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- Do you have a recipe that includes pears and beets?
- Can I add Salba seeds to my juice?
- Juicing Gave Me An Upset Stomach
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- How much juice should I drink?