Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
I have read on other sites and now on your site to not mix fruit and vegetables when juicing. This is disappointing! But makes sense to me so I understand. My question is about your vegetable juices that include apples. Why is that? Is apple ok to mix with veggies?
Just trying to figure out what is right and what is wrong.
Truth be told, when you juice you should be a vegetarian and when you eat, you should be a fruitarian.
What do I mean by this?
Fruit juice is really nothing more than a treat. That's how you should see it. On a hot summer day, enjoy some lemon and apple juice combined... or some watermelon juice. But other than a treat, you really get the benefits of fruits from eating them. Fruits are easy to digest and provide the body with the most benefits when eaten whole rather than juiced. There are situations in which fruit juice can be beneficial for health benefits, but generally speaking, eat your fruits and juice your vegetables (although you need to eat vegetables too).
Now when it comes to apples, they have a neutral affect on digestion and thus can be combined with vegetables. But saying that, limit the amount of apples you use because you want to be able to drink your juice with the least amount of sweetness possible.
Apples are primarily only added to juicing recipes to help make the juice taste better for those that are new to juicing. But as you get more comfortable with the taste of vegetable juice, then you want to reduce, limit or not even use apples in your juicing recipes.
The sugar in the juice is released immediately into the bloodstream and so it is really no different than eating sugar. A sugar is a sugar is a sugar... no matter whether it is white sugar or fruit sugar.
Of course your body requires sugar for health and living. But the problem occurs when you get too much sugar too fast.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Juicing Gave Me An Upset Stomach
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- Can I juice beets everyday?
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- What can I juice or do to help with my excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?
- Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- Warts and Juicing
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- How much juice should I drink?
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?
- Can juicing cause constipation and hemorrhoids?
- Can I add Salba seeds to my juice?
- I Got Ill, For A Short Time, While Juicing
- Which Juices Would Be Good For Depression?