Juicing Gave Me An Upset Stomach
I have just started juicing. A friend gave me her juicer, an old one, she has many more. Since then, another friend of mine has been talking to me about juicing, and we just
juiced together the other day. My friend juices about a liter of juice, and drinks it all! I was amazed! I thought that must be the way people do it. So I juiced carrots, a beet, an apple, and ginger and my stomach is upset. Could you point me in the right direction to understanding my body, and then knowing what veggies would be good to juice, and what would be good amounts?
The difference between poison and medicine is in the dose.
One liter — too much.
Like many people who are new to juicing, you have been influenced by all the hype that informercials and others say about juicing —
it's so good or
it's a cure all. But juicing is not a cure all. Health must always be individualized to the individual person. While juicing can help, it can also do harm. When done properly, juicing is and can be part of a healthy lifestyle for those who choose to juice. But when you juice, it doesn't mean you won't get sick and juicig is, by no means, a cure for every ailment nor a silver bullet for prevention. Unfortunately, like many beginners who are influenced by the hype, you probably looked at the ingredients, all of which are vegetables and fruits, and assumed
this must be good for me, it's made from vegetables and fruit!
Unfortunately, you juiced with without realizing the herbal power of juice and without realizing
the difference between poison and medicine is always in the dose. This is one of the fundamental principles I constantly remind people of.
When you juice responsibly, then indeed juicing can be part of a healthy lifestyle for those who choose to incorporate juicing into their life. But when you juice with recklessness, you will pay the price as you have done.
Although juice is made from from wholesome ingredients, we must always remember that juice is a
processed food. This means that the nutrients are released immediately and quickly into the body. Instead of having to digest a whole food to extract the nutrients, the nutrients have already been extracted for us by the juice machine. This means that juice is a concentrated source of nutrition. The pros and cons of the vegetables are then magnified.
In your situation, I suspect your upset stomach is due to excess sugar in the juice creating what the Chinese would call
dampness in the stomach and spleen leading to an upset stomach. Furthermore, the juice you may is very high in yin energy which cools the body too much.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Can juicing cause constipation and hemorrhoids?
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- Can I juice carrot greens?
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- What Do You Recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
- Can I juice beets everyday?
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?
- Can I add Salba seeds to my juice?
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- Do you have a recipe that includes pears and beets?
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?