Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
Are there any vegetables that are better juiced
cooked? For example, I like dipping broccoli in hot water for approximately 10 seconds to clean the pesticides out. Are there any vegetables that you like to do something similar to this, or even partially cook, before juicing?
You actually bring up a very valuable point. One that I forgot to add to my book but now will.
Indeed, dipping broccoli into some hot water to blanch the broccoli isactually a good idea. But I wouldn't do this to get rid of pesticides asmuch as it kills germs and bacteria stuck in the florets. Cauliflower and broccoli are two vegetables that can benefit from this. Any time thereis a tight floret, it's a good idea to blanch them first. Not to cook,but just long enough to kill the bacteria, bug and germs.
This is why, in traditional Chinese herbal medicine, many vegetables are blanched before cooking or why blanching is used as the cooking method.
Ultimately, blanching won't get rid of any pesticides as they go deep inside the vegetables. But the blanching can and will cleanse the surface of the vegetable along with cleaning inside the florets.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Juicing Combination Review
- Do you have some tips for IBS, constipation and gallstones?
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- What Vegetables or Fruits Can Help With Soft Stools or Diarrhea?
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- Juicing and Detoxification
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- How often should I juice to get enough nutrition?
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- I Got Ill, For A Short Time, While Juicing
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Can I add Salba seeds to my juice?
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!