Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
Are there any vegetables that are better juiced
cooked? For example, I like dipping broccoli in hot water for approximately 10 seconds to clean the pesticides out. Are there any vegetables that you like to do something similar to this, or even partially cook, before juicing?
You actually bring up a very valuable point. One that I forgot to add to my book but now will.
Indeed, dipping broccoli into some hot water to blanch the broccoli isactually a good idea. But I wouldn't do this to get rid of pesticides asmuch as it kills germs and bacteria stuck in the florets. Cauliflower and broccoli are two vegetables that can benefit from this. Any time thereis a tight floret, it's a good idea to blanch them first. Not to cook,but just long enough to kill the bacteria, bug and germs.
This is why, in traditional Chinese herbal medicine, many vegetables are blanched before cooking or why blanching is used as the cooking method.
Ultimately, blanching won't get rid of any pesticides as they go deep inside the vegetables. But the blanching can and will cleanse the surface of the vegetable along with cleaning inside the florets.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- How much juice should I drink?
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- Juicing Combination Review
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- Can juicing cause constipation and hemorrhoids?
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- What Do You Recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
- What can I juice or do to help with my excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- Do you have any tips for Cystic Fibrosis, asthma and respiratory illnesses?
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?