What Do You Recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
What do you recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
Well, to be totally honest with you, chances are juicing will not significantly lower your blood pressure or higher cholesterol. I know many might be shocked to hear me say this because juicing has often been promoted as a miracle cure for all that ails you. However, I personally take a less fanatical approach to juicing and prefer to think in terms of the whole body when it comes to health. As a result, I promote juicing as part of the healing process, not the cure itself.
So while a healthy diet and lifestyle are important, chances are the high blood pressure and high cholesterol are occurring at much deeper level within the body.
But don't get me wrong — a healthy diet filled with wholesome nutrition combined with a healthy lifestyle is extremely important. Complete healing within the body cannot happen without a healthy lifestyle and good nutrition. Diet and nutrition is the foundation of all good health, but I would like you to consider the following:
If you treat the underlying problem (in this case, high blood pressure and high cholesterol) with juicing, depending on a few factors such as age, sex, lifestyle, etc, then the symptoms may begin to go away. But, I would like to awaken you and others to another possibility for the high blood pressure and high cholesterol that cannot be helped by juicing, diet and/or lifestyle alone. I would like to awaken you to thought that possibly the high blood pressure and high cholesterol may be related to a hormonal imbalance. Believe it or not, chances are you might want to focus more on biologically identical hormones. Cholesterol often goes up when the hormones are out of balance and/or when the body's production of hormones is reduced. I could try to explain to you why, but my explanation would not be that good compared to what you can learn while reading The Hormonal Nightmare.
In particular, you may want to read the page about imbalances in estrogen.
You can read some more about cholesterol and your hormones.
You can read The Hormonal Nightmare online for free. I highly recommend this book because Dr. Seliski (retired ND), the author, really believes in educating people about health... and as one of the best at biologically identical hormones, Dr. Seliski (retired) has really written a wonderful book to help educate women (and men) about hormonal imbalances and how it affects the body.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- How Can I Store Vegetables?
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- Juicing Gave Me An Upset Stomach
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- What can I juice or do to help with my excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- Juicing Combination Review
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- Which Juices Would Be Good For Depression?
- Juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding (nursing).
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- How much juice should I drink?
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?