Do you have some tips for IBS, constipation and gallstones?
I've had IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) with Constipation for over 20 years and just recently found out I have two gallstones. My holistic doctor has suggested I change my diet to strictly fruits, vegetables, ground provisions (yam, bananas, potatoes, etc), nuts and seeds, as my body is highly toxic (fungus). He also suggested fresh juices from vegetables and fruits, and my research on those led me to your site. Do you have any tips that will help?
Unfortunately, I don't have any specific tips that would help get rid ofthe gallstones but I do have a comment on gallstones. I also have some suggestions for the constipation and irritable bowel syndrom (IBS).
While I do have some thoughts on your situation, the best suggestion I can give you regarding your constipation, gallstones and IBS is to listen to your holistic doctor because he is aware of the whole picture whereasI am just aware of the symptoms you have mentioned.
When it comes to constipation, the one thing I would like you to be aware of is that in Chinese herbalmedicine, constipation indicates the body is hot. This is caused primarilyby diet and lifestyle.
Example... alcohol, deep fried foods, fatty foods along with certainfoods all add heat to the body. This heat then burns the moisture in thebowels. But in order to have good bowel movements, one must havemoisture in the bowels. Without moisture, the body becomes constipated.
So the constipation indicates your body is hot. Therefore, you wouldwant to consider juicing vegetables with a more cooling effect (yinenergy). I list the Chinese herbal properties of each vegetable andfruit when possible.
Some vegetables and fruits have a stronger yin (cooling) effect thanothers and potentially, that might be too much for you to start with.You might therefore want to juice mostly cooling vegetables with onewarming (yang) vegetable so you are still getting a cooling effect, butnot too powerful.
Cooling vegetables and fruits bring moisture to the bowels. But you justdon't want to irritate your IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).
Sleep is also another important consideration. If you go to sleep toolate, you make your body hot. This is because going to sleep latestresses your adrenals and hormones. So try to sleep before 10 PM, 11 PMat the latest.
When it comes to gallstones, you might find it interesting to know that this could be possibly linked to your hormones. Since the constipation and irritable bowel syndrome indicate you have a hot body, this could also potentially mean your hormones are not in balance.
You may also want to consider consulting Dr. Seliski, ND, the author to see if he is able to help you get your hormonal level checked and then if out of balance, his help in balancing them. He's very knowledgeable on this subject and this can potentially help you a lot too.
The reason why I suggest this is because a common sign women have excess estrogen is gallstones.
Dr. Seliski, ND is really good at balancing the hormones and I am sure you will find this beneficial.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- Juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding (nursing).
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- Do you have any tips for Cystic Fibrosis, asthma and respiratory illnesses?
- Can juicing cause constipation and hemorrhoids?
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- Warts and Juicing
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- How often should I juice to get enough nutrition?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
- Do you have a recipe that includes pears and beets?
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?