What is the healthiest juice I can make?
Can you please tell me the healthiest juice I can make that is also low in sugar and fat by juicing vegetables?
To be honest, the
healthiest vegetable juice does not exist.
Each person will have different requirements. Thus a healthy juice forone will not be as beneficial for others.
Ultimately, all juices are the healthiest in their own ways.
What you want to do is focus more on variety. Get a variety of nutrientsentering your body. So never juice the same vegetables for more than 4days. In this way, you get the nutrients from various vegetables helping to balance the body and keep it healthy.
You see, things like body type, location in the world, time of year(summer, autumn, winter and spring), etc, all cause us to need differentnutrients. So there cannot be a single juice that is the healthiest.
But you are right, focus on low sugar vegetables. The general rule of thumb is to juice those vegetables that grow above ground. These vegetables are generally lower in sugar than those grown below ground such as carrots, beets, yams, etc.
Saying that, it's okay and beneficial to incorporate the root crops, even though higher in sugar, because they have benefits too. But youjust want to juice them in smaller or more reasonable amounts so younever spike your blood sugar level too high.
Ultimately, vegetables do not contain fat. However, if you want to getthe most from your juice, then some healthy fat should be added to your juice. The reason why is because the body requires some fat to make a complete food. Even some protein should be added to the juice. In this way, you make your juice more effective.
Please read my juicing and supplements page to learn more.
Ultimately, don't fall victim of this
low fat idea. Your body needs fat. But there is a difference between healthy fat and bad fats. Bad fats kill, good fats heal. The problem is that most people eat too much bad fat and lack the all important health fats.
Many of the low fat foods are not healthy for you. While I don't drink milk at all, I will use 1% milk as an example. If I were to drink milk, I would drink regular milk. When you remove the fat and make it 1% or 2%, then all that remains is the lactose. The lactose is a sugar which now, is free to enter the body quickly. As a result, the lactose spikes your blood sugar. What happens when your blood sugar is too high? Your bodymakes insulin. What does insulin do? It converts sugar to stored sugar... what is stored sugar you ask? Stored sugar is fat.
Sugar turns to fat. So low fat foods may be low in fat but low fat foods react within the body to create fat in many situations.
As a result, think
This is why I tell people that juicing, while made from whole food ingredients, is actually a
processed food. Like all processed foods, juice means your blood sugar level can be spiked leading to sugar related health problems. Some sugar is okay... it's the excess amount that's a problem and most people juice in excess. That's why I try to educate people about responsible juicing.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- Juicing strategy for overall health and wellness.
- What can I juice or do to help with my excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- How often should I juice to get enough nutrition?
- Do you have a recipe that includes pears and beets?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Is it okay to store juice and drink it later?
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- How much juice should I drink?
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- What Do You Recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?
- I Got Ill, For A Short Time, While Juicing
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?