Juicing and Weight Loss
What vegetables are best to help loose weight?
Juicing itself won't necessarily help you loose weight. But juicing can be a contributing factor to weight loss.
Juicing can help you loose weight by providing your body with more nutrition. When your body obtains more nutrition, then the body needs to eat less. The body is never starving for food, instead the body is always starving for nutrition. Food is merely the source of the nutriton.
If you select unhealthy foods, then your body will always be starving for nutrition. In turn, your body will always crave more food. If you select wholesome nutrition, then your body will begin to get nutritionally satiated allowing your body to eat less food because all the nutrition has been obtained from less, although more nutritionally wholesome, foods.
So juicing can help by not only allowing your body to fill its nutritional tanks more easily, but when you have more nutrition, you also have more energy which helps you to
exercise. Yes, you need to exercise. We can't be lazy and loose weight. We need to get our muscles active and alive so our metabolism increases.
Muscles are like the factories in our body that burn the fuel known as fat and fat is nothing more than stored energy such as sugar. Anytime you eat in excess, the food is stored as fat especially if it is sugar.
Your body needs sugar in the blood to keep the brain healthy, active and working. But excess sugar can also kill the body. Thus, when there is too much sugar in the body, the pancreas creates insulin and the insulin then removes the sugar from the blood and stores it as fat. That's how it basically works.
The problem is, once the body removes the excess sugar from the bloodstream, you go from too much sugar (diabetes) to not enough sugar (hypoglycemia). When the body has too little sugar, the body then begins to crave sugar to provide the energy that is needed. A viscious cycle is then created in which people go from too much blood sugar to not enough. This puts a lot of stress also on your adrenals
Realizing this, when we juice, we must remember that although juice is made from whole foods, juice is actually a processed food. It's for this reason that I encourage people to
After we begin to juice responsibly and eat healthy, we must then also be willing to exercise. Depending on your age, injuries, etc, your ability to exercise can be done with no problems or with some difficulties. For myself, I personally am really impressed with the videos that
Gillian Michaels has produced. Anyone wanting to loose weight and tone will find her videos excellent and effective. But you need to be able to do jumping jacks, push ups, etc. Her videos are challenging, but perhaps some of the best videos I have ever tried.
One can also do something as simple as hatha yoga — the yoga of stretching. Alone, hatha yoga won't allow you to loose weight. But if you an unable to exercise, then perhaps some hatha yoga will be of help. Personally I exercise and practice hatha yoga several times per week. I exercise responsibly — I challenge myself and push myself close to the limit, but never over the limit.
One of the best hatha yoga videos on the market is still Ali MacGraw's
Yoga Mind & Body. This video was created in 1994, but in my opinion, still one of the best ways to introduce yourself to hatha yoga. When it comes to hatha yoga and yoga in general, I am a bit of a purist. I believe that one should never pay to be taught yoga and instead, it should be shared as a gift. But saying that, buying her video is worth the price.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Do you have a recipe that includes pears and beets?
- How much juice should I drink?
- What can I juice or do to help with my excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- How often should I juice to get enough nutrition?
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- Juicing Combination Review
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- How Can I Store Vegetables?