Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
I am new to juicing and I have read on your site and on some others that juice should be consumed at room temperature because we should not shock our digestion system. My friend who has been juicing longer than I have (about 5 years) says I should put my vegetables in the sink with ice water to crisp them up before juicing them — I disagree with him and just prefer to juice them at room temperature. What do you say is the proper procedure?
Making vegetables cold so they are crisper for chopping them may be good when cooking and preparing food dishes. But when you juice, how crisp the vegetable is doesn't really matter because the juice machine will just squeeze or grind all of the juice out regardless of how crisp the vegetable is.
What's most important is that when you juice, you get maximum digestion or assimilation of the nutrients. Cold foods shut down the digestive system, makes the body more prone to health problems like fevers and constipation along with many other things.
So in my opinion, it's not wise to make the vegetables cold. It's always better to juice vegetables at room temperature.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- What can I juice or do to help with my excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- Do you have a recipe that includes pears and beets?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- Can I juice carrot greens?
- What juice will clean my colon of old fecal matter?
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- I Got Ill, For A Short Time, While Juicing
- How much juice should I drink?
- How Can I Help Reverse Acne For My Son?
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- What's the difference between eating fruits and juicing fruits?
- Please comment on a report that says beet juice can improve exercise endurance?
- How important is a slow speed juicer compared to fast speed?
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- Does pickling remove the benefits?
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- Juicing and Detoxification
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Blanching vegetables before freezing
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- What Do You Recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?