Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
I am new to juicing and I have read on your site and on some others that juice should be consumed at room temperature because we should not shock our digestion system. My friend who has been juicing longer than I have (about 5 years) says I should put my vegetables in the sink with ice water to crisp them up before juicing them — I disagree with him and just prefer to juice them at room temperature. What do you say is the proper procedure?
Making vegetables cold so they are crisper for chopping them may be good when cooking and preparing food dishes. But when you juice, how crisp the vegetable is doesn't really matter because the juice machine will just squeeze or grind all of the juice out regardless of how crisp the vegetable is.
What's most important is that when you juice, you get maximum digestion or assimilation of the nutrients. Cold foods shut down the digestive system, makes the body more prone to health problems like fevers and constipation along with many other things.
So in my opinion, it's not wise to make the vegetables cold. It's always better to juice vegetables at room temperature.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- How Much Nutrition Is In Pulp?
- What are good juicing combinations? What juicing combinations should be avoided?
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- What can I juice or do to help with my excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- Is Eating Whole Fruit Okay Even Though It Is High In Sugar?
- Is a pint of juice too much?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- My Husband Got A Stomach Ache From His Juice?
- Receding Gums and Juicing
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- Why are only apples the only fruit that can be mixed with vegetables while juicing?
- Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- Can juicing cause constipation and hemorrhoids?
- What Do You Recommend for high blood pressure and high cholesterol?
- I Got Ill, For A Short Time, While Juicing
- My apple juice turns brown, is it okay?
- Juicing and Detoxification
- Can I juice beets everyday?
- What Vegetables or Fruits Can Help With Soft Stools or Diarrhea?
- Do you have a recipe that includes pears and beets?