Juicing Combination Review
I just started juicing this weekend. I'm using it as a supplement to my diet for loosing weight. Could you tell me if this is a good combination?
Carrot, celery, bok choy, spinach, parsley, cucumber and lemon. The taste is pretty good and mild... just want to know if it will serve it's purpose as a daily supplement to my eating healthy for loosing weight. I'm currently on the Atkins diet and hope to add juicing to my daily routine even after the Atkins. If this doesn't look right could you guide me to a vegetable juice that is good for detoxifying and weight loss.
Sure, your juice is okay. I personally wouldn't add the lemon though. I would have the lemon separately.
The key that you must remember is variety. Don't have this juice combination all the time. Switch it around. It doesn't mean you have to change every vegetable, but do try to change at least 2 or 3 vegetables every few days. Only in this way will you get the variety of nutrients needed for weight loss.
See what I mean? Get a variety. Switching some of the vegetables so there is variety is how a wise person juices.
Ironically, Dr. Atkins wasn't a big fan of juicing. Why? Because juice is ultimately a processed food. As such, the nutrients, especially the sugar, are released into the bloodstream quickly. When the body gets excess sugar, the body produces insulin which takes the excess sugar out of the bloodstream and stores the sugar as fat. Ultimately, fat is stored sugar or energy.
While Dr. Atkins actually makes sense with what he is saying, we can juice responsibly so we don't significantly increase our blood sugar levels and yet, still get the benefits of nutrition.
Of course, when it comes to weight loos, one must make sure the rest of the diet is healthy. If one is juicing yet still eating junk foods, the rate of weight loss may not be what you were hoping for.
In some ways it is easier for men to loose weight than women because women may have hormonal imbalances affecting their weight gain (or loss) as well. Of course, men can have hormonal imbalances too but women tend to be more aware of hormonal imbalances.
While there are many factors that can help one loose weight, including responsible exercise, it is also important to learn to eat until two thirds (2/3) full. This is the Chinese approach to eating. It is said that when you eat too much, you do not allow the
chi energy to circulate in the stomach. So get into this habit of eating until two thirds full. I am quite sure you will feel a difference in digestion and energy after eating this way.
Have you been wanting to do hatha yoga (stretching) but have found it either too difficult or you are not that flexible? If yes, and even if no, watch Jesse do some pure hatha yoga routines.
flow yoga, each pose in pure or traditional hatha yoga is held for a few minutes. While holding the pose, you focus the mind on the stretch. When you focus the mind, that's when you find silence.
Jesse is not flexible — never has been and probably never will be flexible like others. But it doesn't matter. In pure hatha yoga, how flexible you are makes no difference. It's all about loving the pose and focussing the mind on the stretch.
If you want to learn pure hatha yoga, now you can by following Jesse on a series of hatha yoga routines.
Random Questions That Have Been Asked:
- Juicing while pregnant and breastfeeding (nursing).
- Did not realize that pears and beets are high in sugar!
- What is your take on juice fasting?
- What can I juice or do to help with my excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)?
- How long to wait after juicing before eating?
- Do you have any tips for Cystic Fibrosis, asthma and respiratory illnesses?
- What is the healthiest juice I can make?
- Can the body detoxify too fast?
- What can help with my hemorrhoids, fissures and inflammation?
- Is It Okay To Mix Apples With Vegetable Juice?
- What Vegetables or Fruits Can Help With Soft Stools or Diarrhea?
- Can I drink more than 1/2 pint (1 cup) of juice per day?
- Are There Harmful Side Effects To Juicing One Type of Juice Daily?
- What juice can help with arthritis and joint pain?
- Juicing and Weight Loss
- Hypoglycemia, General Detox and Colds
- Should some vegetables be cooked before juicing?
- Do you have a recipe that includes pears and beets?
- Juice Combination For Liver, Kidneys, Bile and Overall Health
- Should I peel beets for juicing them or just wash them?
- Hypolycemia — blurred vision and tiredness while juicing.
- Can I freeze the juice and drink it later?
- Putting Vegetables On Ice Before Juicing
- Juicing Gave Me An Upset Stomach
- Receding Gums and Juicing